Jason’s AR-15 project starts off with Ryan and Jason discussing the base for his build, the lower receiver. Discussed are the importance of and special legal considerations with AR-15 lower receivers, different types of lowers (such as forged, billet, and polymer), various features, markings and what they mean, and different coating options. Single and two-stage triggers are also briefly discussed as they review the previous podcast about trigger control and the new ATF Ruling 41F, which goes into effect the day after this podcast was recorded, is discussed.
- Sua Sponte Foundation
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation
- Long Range Shooting Handbook
- Geissele TwoStage SSA-E Trigger (Ryan’s favorite AR trigger)
- X-Treme Two-Stage Trigger (Ryan’s favorite bolt-gun trigger)
- “Is an NFA Trust Still Worth It?”